At Paces Ferry Veterinary Clinic, our veterinarians are highly trained in pet surgery. We perform both soft tissue and orthopedic procedures in our Atlanta, GA hospital, so you won’t have to worry about going elsewhere for your pet’s procedure. We also have an endoscope for a non-invasive surgical option. Our goal is to put your mind at ease by practicing the highest standards in surgery, anesthesia, and pain management so your pet has a smooth procedure and a quick recovery.
Keeping Pets Safe is Our Top Priority
Whenever general anesthesia is used, there are some inherent risks to the patient. However, we take extra precautions to minimize these risks while keeping your pet comfortable throughout. Some of the things we do include:
- We perform pre-anesthetic blood work and an exam to check the health of your pet’s liver and kidneys, both of which play a vital role in processing and eliminating anesthesia.
- They'll receive an IV catheter that supplies them with fluids to keep them hydrated and regulate their blood pressure.
- We wrap pets in warm blankets and place them on heated tables to prevent them from developing hypothermia.
- We use advanced monitoring equipment to track your pet’s vitals including their heart rate and rhythm, body temperature, respiration rate, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, and more.
- To help keep pets comfortable and reduce their stress, we use appropriate pain medication during and after the procedure so they wake up in minimal discomfort.
Surgical Procedures We Perform
Our veterinarians have the skill and experience to perform a wide range of soft tissue, orthopedic, and endoscopic procedures, including:
- Spays and neuters
- Growth removals
- Basic eye surgeries
- Ear hematomas
- Skin tag removal
- Foreign body removal (if endoscopy is impractical or unsuccessful)
- Hip dysplasia corrections
- Foreign body removals (less invasive than soft tissue surgery)
- Tissue biopsies
- Exploratory surgeries
For more complex surgeries or advanced internal medical cases, we rely on referral specialists from Moves Veterinary Atlanta. These mobile, board-certified surgeons come to our practice to perform procedures so you and your pet can be in the comfort of our familiar hospital.
Have questions about pet surgery? Contact us at (770) 436-9822! We’ll be happy to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease!